RESOLUTION NO. ________________
A RESOLUTION of [INSERT GROUP NAME] in support of Issaquah School District General Obligation Bonds in the amount of $219,121,500 (the “Bond”), which authorizes the District to:
- Rebuild Clark and Sunny Hills Elementary Schools and Issaquah Middle School;
- Modernize Liberty High School;
- Relocate Tiger Mountain Community High School for expanded career and technical training;
- Improve district-wide heating/ventilation, space, and security;
- Increase usability of curricular/athletic fields and stadiums, and other improvements;
- To issue $219,121,500 of general obligation bonds maturing within a maximum term of 20 years; and
- To levy excess property taxes annually to repay the bonds.
WHEREAS, [INSERT GROUP NAME] has received a request for official support of the Bond, set for the April 17, 2012 election;
NOW, THEREFORE, IT IS
RESOLVED, that passage of the Bond will greatly enhance the educational needs of Issaquah School District students. As such, [INSERT GROUP NAME] hereby declares formal support for the proposed Issaquah School District Bond and urges the citizens of the Issaquah School District to vote for the Bond at the April 17, 2012 election; and, it is
RESOLVED, that [INSERT GROUP NAME] will transmit copies of this resolution to the non-profit Volunteers for Issaquah Schools (“VIS”), an organization that is set up to run a citizens campaign to pass Issaquah School District bonds and levies, including the Bond, for use by VIS to support the campaign.
ADOPTED this ______ day of ___________, 20___