Levy Development Committee 2020
A community Levy Development Committee will meet throughout June 2019 to form a recommendation for a single levy package for a 2020 ballot measure. The Committee will present its recommendation to Superintendent Ron Thiele, who will bring a final recommendation to the Issaquah School Board for approval. The School Board will solicit feedback before authorization of the measure.
The Levy Development Committee will consider the proposed content, total cost, and tax impact of a single two-year ballot measure: Educational Programs and Operations Levy (Formerly Maintenance and Operations Levy). Considering the current economic climate, Committee members will form levy packages that include funding essential to:
- Ensure the Issaquah School District has all the resources possible to meet its mission and Ends student learning goals;
- Safely and efficiently maintain facilities and property according to state and District use standards and schedules.
Levy Development Committee meetings are open to the public and will be held on the following Wednesdays in June from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m. at the Administration Building. Agendas will be posted before each meeting; mini summaries will be available the day after a meeting; and official notes will be posted as soon as possible following a meeting. Links to each item will be activated as documents become available.
|June 5||Agenda||Mini Summary||Official Meeting Minutes||Materials – Levy and District Financial Overview|
|June 19||Agenda||Mini Summary||Official Meeting Minutes||Materials|
The Committee’s recommendations for a single two-year levy will be posted here after Committee approval.
- E-mail your comments to Levy2020@issaquah.wednet.edu. Your comments will be shared with each committee member at each meeting.
- Review materials in the public binder at Levy Development Committee meetings.
- Review the materials in the public binder at the Administration Building during business hours.
All Text & Information Copied from Source: Issaquah School District